As a private, non-profit organization, Phillips Wharf Environmental Center receives no government funding and relies entirely on memberships, grants and donations to fund our educational programs, maintain the Fishmobile, sponsor lectures, and support member activities.
Your membership will help Phillips Wharf to:
- Expand our first rate, hands on educational activities.
- Provide a new aquaculture learning experience for watermen and the public.
- Retain a working waterfront on Tilghman Island to provide sustainably harvested seafood.
- Increase participation in our oyster growing program to restore oyster beds in the Bay.
- Encourage and demonstrate conservation landscaping practices.
As a member of Phillips Wharf, you are offered exclusive opportunities to visit the center with friends and family as well as pre-sales opportunities on some of our wonderful events like Oyster Fest.